Thursday, August 12, 2010

a breif history of jean derby

so, many of you know me well enough to call me your friend.
but only a few close friends know everything i have done in these last 30 years. let me share with you....

back when i was 18, i had a baby girl. i named her harmony lynn orbaker. she was a teeny tiny cutie pie of a baby girl too. well i didn't have alot of good things happening at the time for me. i was without a home, and a job, and my family was a broken one, so i was without a support system as well.


i made the toughest choice i ever made in my life back then. and by all means, i do not regret it. because she has had 12 years of everything she needed or wanted.

that is right, i gave her to a loving family. they were the most amazing people you could wish for. they have always loved her and supported her no matter what. and they have let me remain in her life. and she is fully aware of who i am. for that i am extremely grateful.

well, since the adoption happened, they changed her name to Hali Michelle Saracino. and she is now 12 years old. she likes to sing, and perform. last week, Camden and i went to see her in a play of Disney's MULAN. i kind of held back tears to find out she can sing. it made me so happy to hear her sing. i have always sung. no matter where i am i am singing. so i felt like that was a part of me she inherited, even though we don't live together. i was so proud of her, she did an amazing job.

Camden is in 4h, and on the 27Th we are taking a 4h trip to the new york state fair.
i decided to try my luck a few days ago. i called up her adopted mother. i got brave enough to ask if she could go with Camden and myself to the trip. now Cindy is one of the most incredibly strong women i know. i wish she was my mom. she told me my daughter was at a paramore concert but she'd let her know.

yesterday, my face book chat popped up with a message from Hali telling me she wanted to go. i am so happy that i get to spend the day with my mini me. that's the best news ever! in my book anyhow.


thanks for reading my random ramblings. i appreciate it.
and now you know something real about me.

No comments: